Upcoming Deadline for Art Education Scholarship Program
The Joan Mitchell Foundation is providing three scholarships for portfolio development classes at the Ashcan Studio of Art.
Students in 9th - 11th grade participating in any JMF Art Education classes who meet the following criteria may apply for the Joan Mitchell Foundation Scholarship:
• Must have participated in JMF programming for at least two years.
• Must have participated in at least one Summer Portfolio Intensive.
• Family income must be under $80,000.
• Applicants in the 11th grade should be planning to pursue a college education in Art, Design, Architecture or related field.
• Preference will be given to applicants with a cumulative high school GPA of 2.8 or higher, but we will also take into consideration students with lesser GPA's
Two scholarships will be awarded to students in the 9th or 10 grade to participate in an 8 week summer intensive at the Ashcan School in Queens.
One scholarship will be awarded to an 11th grader to the Ashcan School in Manhattan which includes:
• One full year of College Portfolio Preparation classes
• Summer intensive of at least 5 classes per week
• Professional photographs of portfolio for college applications
• Mentoring, planning & assistance with the college application process
The deadline for applications is March 19th. Please contact SOS Coordinator, José Ortiz at [email protected] for more information and please visit the Ashcan School of Art website.