New Orleans Artists: Apply by December 1 for a 2021 Residency at the Joan Mitchell Center
The Joan Mitchell Foundation and the Joan Mitchell Center are pleased to announce an open call for applications from New Orleans artists for the 2021 New Orleans Studio Program. Selected artists will receive private studio space at the Center for five months, plus a $600 monthly stipend, boxed lunches, and virtual professional development opportunities. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, December 1 at 4:59pm CST. (Please note the deadline has been extended due to the impact of Hurricane Zeta.)
Eligibility and requirements for this residency:
- You must identify as a visual artist and showcase a portfolio of work with a serious commitment to an artistic practice.
- You must currently live in New Orleans (inclusive of Orleans Parish and Jefferson Parish) as your primary residence.
- You must not be enrolled as a student in any degree-granting art program during the residency period.
- You must need a professional workspace to support your studio practice.
- You must be committed to be present and active for the duration of the residency cycle and participate in our virtual professional development and studio visit consultations.
Want to learn more?
A virtual information session about the residency program was held on October 26: this Zoom presentation included an overview of the residency program, best practices for your application, and time for questions from attendees. The full recording is available below, or watch it on Vimeo.