Joan Mitchell FAQ
- Does the Foundation provide authentications?
No, the Foundation does not authenticate works of art.
- Does the Foundation do appraisals of artwork by Joan Mitchell?
No. The following organizations publish directories of their members, who provide appraisal services: Amercian Society of Appraisers, Appraisers Association of America, and the International Society of Appraisers.
- I want to reproduce an image by Joan Mitchell, what do I need to do?
Please visit the page on copyright info for more details.
- Is there a Catalogue Raisonné of Joan Mitchell’s work?
The Catalogue Raisonné project was established in 2015 and is now collecting information on the paintings of Joan Mitchell. Current or previous owners of Mitchell's work can contact the project manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I own a Joan Mitchell painting and would like to submit info on the artwork for the Catalogue Raisonné.
Please contact us at email@example.com to let us know about your painting.
- Where can I see work by Joan Mitchell?
- I am a student, researcher or writer interested in learning more about Joan Mitchell. Can I access the archives?
The Archives are open to qualified researchers by appointment. Please write archivist Laura Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment.
- I’m interested in buying a Joan Mitchell, does the Foundation sell her artwork?
Please contact David Zwirner regarding sales. The Foundation does not directly sell artwork.