Joan Mitchell Center FAQ
- I’m an artist. How do I apply for a residency?
Residencies at the Joan Mitchell Center in New Orleans are available for artists who have previously received a grant from the Foundation, as well as to New Orleans-based artists. Each Spring, eligible artists are invited to apply, and the link to the open call application for New Orleans artists is posted on this website. Residency awards are decided through a jury review process.
- How can my organization partner with the Joan Mitchell Center?
The Joan Mitchell Center has a strong commitment to developing relationships with community members, organizations and institutions. Attending an event at the Center (such as a Community Coffee) is an ideal way to get a sense of the Center’s values, and to meet staff members. Please review the Community Partnerships page to learn more and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests for partnership.
- I work for a New Orleans based organization and we have a guest coming into town. Can I apply to have them stay at the Joan Mitchell Center?
The Center hosts visiting guests in connection with our artist programs and community partnerships. From time to time we may be able to accommodate unsolicited requests based on availability and on program and community relevance. For inquiries on guest stay, please contact email@example.com.
- How do I apply for employment at the Joan Mitchell Center?
Any current opportunities can be found on the Jobs & Internships page of this website. Resumes may be submitted for consideration and will be kept on file.
- What are the office hours at the Joan Mitchell Center?
We are open Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm Central Standard Time.